Monday, April 25, 2011

Wednesday & Thursday, April 20, 21

The weather was still good on Wednesday, so we went on a harbor cruise in the morning. Gorgeous! And good treats, too, along with morning tea. For lunch we decided to get some Yum Cha in Chinatown (it's really dim sum). Then we had to go shop at Paddy's Market until we dropped. We also watched game #2 of the Blazers-Mavericks. Not a good outcome in that game...and Brandon Roy was a whiner afterwards...not good.
On Thursday we took a ferry over to the zoo (on the north side of Sydney Harbour) and then got on a walking track (trail) that went along the harbour.

H.M.A.S. Sydney
The same ferry we were on the day before for the coffee cruise

At one point along the trail, there were stairs that went up into a neighborhood. This picture was taken at the top of those stairs. We had to get up into the neighborhood because, clumbsy me, I managed to trip and fall, twisting my ankle, taking a bunch of skin off my shin and palm.  Luckily, I could put enough weight on my ankle to walk. We were helped by some really nice people along the way, especially two asian couples. The men were trying to get me all fixed up and they were so cute! One of them started putting iodine patches on my leg and said, "Don't worry, these are from the U.S."!!! Then Sandie flagged down a man, who turned out to be a realtor, and he drove us back to the ferry. Poor Sandie...we had plans for another walk that afternoon that we (I mean me) couldn't do. It was such a bummer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment