Monday, March 7, 2011

This week in Sydney - Monday & Tuesday, March 7 & 8

Well, my visitors had to go back home, darn it. We had a great time, saw alot, shopped alot, ate and drank alot, too!!! So, Monday  (all by my lonesome)I went to the Art Gallery of New South Wales to see "The First Emporer, China's Entombed Warriors". It is difficult to even describe what these warriors look like. They were commissioned to be made by the first emporer of China, Qin Shihuang, to be a guardian army for his mausoleum. They were only discovered in 1974. The detail in these warriors, horses, chariots, weapons and animals is incredible. In the first pit alone there have been 1900 figures, 22 chariots and 88 chariot horses excavated so far. But it is estimated that the total figures in this pit are about 6000! With 50 total chariots and 200 chariot horses. It is hard to believe but all of the figures have slightly different features! If you ever get a chance to see them, do it!
Today I went back out to Bondi Beach and did the walk to Bronte plus I went a little further. Then back again. Total of 2 hours walking and it was spectacular weather and scenery. I decided today that I feel the same way about these beaches as I feel about the Opera House. They are just so incredible that every time I look at them, I am in total awe. I just can't seem to get enough! Each time I see the Opera House or the beach I feel like it's the first time I'm seeing them. They are just that beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment